ANCIENT CASTLE OF THE COUNTS OF HAINAULT - "SQUARE DU CHATEAU"
Square du Château
- MAPS: Google Maps
Restored in the 19th century, this Mons park contains the remains of the castle of the Counts of Hainaut (11th-14th centuries), including the remarkable St Calixte Chapel (11th-12th century) which now houses a museum dedicated to the site, the Caesar Tower, the underground cellars (12th-13th century) and a bust of the writer Charles Plisnier (Prix Goncourt winner, 1937). The square also offers an unrivalled viewpoint over surrounding countryside, with views to the French border.
Guided visit on written request at the Tourist Office, Grand-Place 22, 7000 Mons. Tel.: +32 (0)65/33 55 80 - Fax: +32 (0)65/35 63 36.
Admission free for the park.
Parking for cars and coaches nearby.
Access : E19-A7 (Brussels-Mons) motorway, Mons exit.
Tourist information on the town MONS
Visit our partners' webpages
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- The Our Lady with the Rose Hospital in Lessines
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles