Agent n°15 and Vaartkapoen
1080 Brussels (MOLENBEEK-SAINT-JEAN)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The humorous sculpture, Agent n°15 or Vaartkapoen, has been on show in Brussels, in Place Sainctelette, since 1999. The sculptor? Tom Frantzen.
This artist is particularly fond of urban statues and seeks to call out to passers-by. Here, the artist wanted to show a rebel fooling the authorities.
The man climbing out of the sewer is called Vaartkapoen, the "bad boy", and the policeman wears the number 15 as a tribute to the comic Quick and Flupke.
How to get there?
Place Sainctelette, 1080 Mollenbeek.
Metro: 1 & 5 (Comte de Flandre/Graaf van Vlaanderen) or 2 & 6 (Yser/Ijser).
Tram: 51 (Sainctelette).
Visit our partners' webpages
- Musée Meunier Museum, Royal Museums of Fine Arts
- Antoine Wierz Museum - Royal Museums for Fine Arts
- Lion's Hamlet & Visitors' Centre and Waterloo battlefield
- Panorama at the Battle of Waterloo battlefield
- Galler Chocolates Grand-Place