FONDS FELICIEN ROPS (FELICIEN ROPS FOUNDATION)
Rue de Thozée 12
- MAPS: Google Maps
The painter and etcher Félicien Rops (1833-1898) was very attached to the Thozée castle located in the heart of nature. After his move to Paris, he called up this property many times in his correspondance and described the life he lead over there together with his family and friends (Charles De Coster, Baudelaire, the photographer Dandoy, the painters Dubois, Lambrichs and many others). Elisabeth Rops, his granddaughter, lived in the Thozée castle until she died in June 1996. In 1994, she created the 'Fondation Félicien Rops' (Félicien Rops Foundation) with the intention of giving this place a new cultural life.
Visiting the castle is mainly visiting its surrounding site because the interior of the castle has temporarily been cleared for renovation works.
Entry: adults: € 3,00 - children: free of charge.
Tourist information on the town METTET
Visit our partners' webpages
- Han Yesteryear, Centre for Country Life and Forgotten Crafts
- Domain of the Caves of Han - PrehistoHan
- The Trois Vallées steam railway, Mariembourg and Treignes
- Jardins d'O de Nismes | Eco trip aboard an electric boat
- THE FARMHOUSE-CHATEAU OF COURRIERE