Le Bois du Cazier: Mining, Glass and Industry museums
Rue du Cazier 80
6001 MARCINELLE (CHARLEROI)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Bois du Cazier, one of the major mining sites in Wallonia, listed under the Unesco World Heritage.
- The site dedicated to the tragedy that took place on 8 August 1956,
- The Glass Museum with its extraordinary collection
- The Museum for Industry covering the Belgian Industrial Revolution.
Nestled in the hollow of a green space, this remarkable architectural ensemble is surrounded by 3 slagheaps which have been reworked into paths.
You might also want to visit the Memorial in honour of the 262 victims, the wooded domain with the memorial lane and the observatory, as well as the forge and foundry workshops. Discover the Glass Museum and the Industry Museum.
Prepare your visit
Tourist information on the town CHARLEROI
- Charleroi, a city on the up. Visit it as a couple
- Visit Charleroi as a family, with children aged 6 to 12