- MAPS: Google Maps
This city centre park is located on the site of a former branch of the Meuse, the Avroy river, which was filled in in 1835 in order to make way for a plantation of trees. A town square was built around it in 1868 and extended in 1880 to its current size. It includes a lake, a bandstand (1852) and many monuments and statues. Many paths thread their way through the broad lawns and coppices. A number of fine trees are to be found here: cedar of Lebanon, bald cypress, weeping beech, Turkish hazel and a Judas tree, as well as an appealing line of plane trees.
Open all year round.
Access: A602 motorway towards Liege, exit 35 (Centre - Ardenne - Avroy).
Tourist information on the town LIEGE
Visit our partners' webpages
- New in Liège: Opening of La Boverie on 5 May 2016
- LA PARADA "EDUCATIONAL HORSE FARM"
- Guillaume Apollinaire Museum
- Mulum Museum - The Liege Light Museum
- Plopsa Coo theme park - fun and leisure for the whole family