La Boverie Park, relaxation and culture in Liège
Parc de la Boverie
- MAPS: Google Maps
Situated where the Meuse and the Dérivation split, the Parc de la Boverie is a place that has been loved by the people of Liège, young and old, since the 14th century.
The park and acclimatisation garden were created during the 2nd half of the 19th century. The public park alongside the Meuse was modified in 1874 by G. Blonden, who replaced the little buildings around the site (shelters, restaurant, animal cages) with lawns planted with trees.
The north-western part has retained its parkland aspect. The south-west part was transformed into a traditional garden. Its principal attractions are the pergola and the rose garden.
The park was chosen as the site for the Universal Exhibition of 1905, when the Palais des Beaux-Arts, now the Museum for Modern and Contemporary Art, was built.
This remarkable green setting now houses the brand new Boverie Museum, both a fine arts museums and an international exhibition centre, which opens on 5 May 2016.
Open all year round.
Boulevard d'Avroy, Kennedy bridge.
- website : http://www.laboverie.com
Tourist information on the town LIEGE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Guillaume Apollinaire Museum
- Mulum Museum - The Liege Light Museum
- Modave Castle
- Domaine de Palogne - Kayak, Nature and History
- Spa-Francorchamps Racetrack Museum