Le Rœulx Castle
Grand Place 1
7070 LE ROEULX
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Château du Rœulx has belonged to Croÿ family, one of region's most renowned families, since the 16th century.
The castle has played host to many illustrious guests such as Philip the Good, Charles the Bold, Charles V and Philip II among others.
Behind the attractive frontage of the Château du Rœulx lies a history that began towards the end of the 11th century.
Unfortunately, little is known about the first fortress, but the walls of the current building retain elements from the 16th-century castle, as well as the base of a 13th-century tower.
The appearance as we know it today dates from the third phase of building in the 18th century.
A beautiful restored orangery and redesigned garden, stables dating from the early 19th century and an English landscaped park together form one of the finest castles in Hainault.
Private castle, not open to the general public.
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 345 76 96
- fax : +32 (0) 2 346 58 09
- email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourist information on the town LE ROEULX
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Visitors' Centre
- Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Archive Centre
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014
- The Bois du Cazier Industry Museum