Royal Greenhouses in Laeken
Avenue du Parc Royal
1020 Brussels (BRUXELLES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Initially conceived by William I as a vast orangery, the site took on its current aspect under Leopold II.
Leopold II added the domed Winter Garden linked to around thirty pavilions, the botanical area by landscape gardener John Wills and the decorative rockeries, etc.
The seven greenhouses, constructed by the architect Balat in collaboration with his pupil Victor Horta are open to the public for around 15 days a year in late April and early May.
The spectacular 19th century Winter Garden, an Art Nouveau jewel classed among the greatest greenhouses of the world is worth visiting as much for its architectural merits as for the astonishing collections of tropical and subtropical plants which it houses (remarkable collections of geraniums, azaleas...).
Bus: 53 / Tram: 4, 19, 23.
Surface area: 14000 m².
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 551 20 20
- fax : +32 (0) 2 502 39 49
- website : http://www.monarchie.be
Visit our partners' webpages
- Tour & Taxis
- CitySightseeing Brussels by Open Tours - the Official Brussels Tour Bus
- Walibi Theme Park...With friends or family, let's all go to Walibi!
- BOZAR - Centre for Fine Arts in Brussels
- Folon Foundation