René Magritte Museum
Rue Esseghem 135
1090 Brussels (JETTE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Set up in the same house where the famous Belgian painter lived and worked for 24 years, the Magritte Museum hosts a wealth of original works, together with several personal objects and documents. The entire furnished apartment and workshop at the end of the garden are accessible to the public. This is where Magritte produced half of his work.
Free guided visits through the painter's apartment on weekends only
A temporary exhibition is organised once a year. For more information, see the website below.
The ticket to the museum includes a short explanation of 15 mins about Magritte's life in the house.
Admission free for children under 9
We suggest you also visit the new Magritte Museum.
Visit our partners' webpages
- Musée Meunier Museum, Royal Museums of Fine Arts
- Laurent Gerbaud Chocolates
- CitySightseeing Brussels by Open Tours - the Official Brussels Tour Bus
- Aqualibi Waterpark, just a stone's throw away from Brussels
- The Atomium - Monument and Symbol Built for Expo 58