MOLENBEEK VALLEY - NATURE RESERVE OF THE POELBOS
Réserve Naturelle du Poelbos
1090 Brussels (JETTE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
This 126 hectare area includes the Scheutebos, the Bois du Wilder, the Zavelenberg, the Marais de Ganshoren and the King Baudouin Park (100 ha) - which itself comprises the Laerbeekbos, the Poelbos, the Sacré-Coeur Park and the Bois de Dieleghem - strung out along the valley of the Molenbeek. Pleasant strolls or bike rides, discovering highly varied environments and natural and semi-natural sites: all good reasons for setting out to discover this green paradise in northwestern Brussels: meadow and pasture, orchards, vegetable gardens in the Scheutebos, frogs, herons and kingfishers in the meadows of the Zavelenberg and the wetlands of Ganshoren. For the last decade this green lung has benefited from a conservation project which aims to preserve the landscapes of former times.
Access: Bois du Wilder: bus 85 and 87, tram 58 - Park Roi Baudouin: bus 13, 53 and 57.
Surface area: 126 ha.
- website : http://villedurable.be/espaces-verts/le-poelbos
Visit our partners' webpages
- Royal Museums of Fine Arts - Musée Fin-de-Siècle Museum
- Laurent Gerbaud Chocolates
- Cistercian Abbey in Villers-la-Ville
- Galler Chocolates Grand-Place
- La Fonderie - Brussels Museum of Industry and Labour