WOOD OF LA CAMBRE
1050 Brussels (IXELLES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Wood of La Cambre is a natural extension of the Forest of Soignes in the city. It is one of the most beautiful public parks with a large variety of sights and a maze of trails that are in complete harmony with the site. As you leave Avenue Louise behind you, two toll booths mark the entrance to the woods. In the first part which gives the distinct impression of entering a dense forest, you will come across a ravine, accentuated and covered by a carpet-like lawn. A monumental rock bridge passes majestically over the ravine. The second part extends around an artificial lake with a wooded island and a wide range of plants. While the woods are the ideal place for scenic walks and games, you will also discover that it is a venue for several sporting, cultural and artistic events as well.
Access: Tram: 23, 90, 93, 94 / Bus: 38, 41, 60.
Surface area: 124 ha.
- website : http://www.brussels-gardens.be
Visit our partners' webpages
- ADAM, Art & Design Atomium Museum
- Zaabär Chocolates & Spices
- The Wellington Museum in Waterloo
- Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences in Brussels
- Antoine Wierz Museum - Royal Museums for Fine Arts