Visit : Park/Garden
© WBT - J.P.Remy
1050 Brussels (IXELLES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Ixelles parks and ponds offer a unique architectural and artistic setting.
Situated between the Avenues Général-de-Gaulle and Eperons-d'Or, they are an extension of the gardens of the Abbey of la Cambre.
At the end of the first pond, the neoclassical façades with their triangular pediments are an original transition between the Chaussée d'Ixelles and the residential area of the ponds.
On the side of the ponds, another scenery : the houses, built in 1870-1880 in an eclectic style and red bricks were designed by Victor Besme. We can also discover houses in a Flemish neo-renaissance style, art nouveau and art deco, with, as main representative, the building of the National Broadcasting Institute on the Place Flagey.
Spots worth visiting in the area:
- website : http://www.bruxellesenvironnement.be/Templates/Particuliers/Informer.aspx?id=1830&langtype=2060
Visit our partners' webpages
- Horta-Lambeaux Pavilion - The Pavilion of Human Passions
- Océade, Brussels' Family Waterpark
- Château de La Hulpe on the Solvay estate
- Moof, Museum Of Original Figurines
- Aventure Parc Wavre - the tree-top park a stone's throw from Brussels