CASTLE OF BON REVOIR
7801 IRCHONWELZ (ATH)
- MAPS: Google Maps
In the 19th century, a local dignitary of Irchonwelz, Mr Willame, owned several properties. These passed, through marriage, to the Smits family who had the château built. The property and the newly built château passed to Mr Hubert. The estate at that time consisted of a manor house, called the Château Hubert, a small farm and its outbuildings, grounds, a large vegetable plot, meadows and orchards. Following the Second World War the property was in pitiful condition and became property of the state in 1947. It then became a technical college for girls and the first academic year began in 1948. Today it houses two schools. The layout of the château is L-shaped. The main building is surmounted by a saddle roof and the wing at right angles to it, by a Mansard roof.
Tourist information on the town ATH