MILL MUSEUM OF "FABER"
- MAPS: Google Maps
Original tourist and didactic attraction. Flour mill built in 1729. Listed building in calcareous rough-stone. Outside: 2 wheels. Inside: 4 levels (machinery, pairs of grinding stones, centrifugal, granary). Visitors will enjoy discovering this working water-powered flour mill that makes the past come alive. Step inside and admire the ingeniousness of the millers of yesteryear. The stream (a tributary of the Ourthe) powers two wheels, and the internal machinery operates three pairs of grinding stones. A more recent sieve sorts the different qualities of flour. Lastly, the totally pegged roof trusses are quite impressive.
To visit the mill please contact Hotton Tourist Information Office.
Tourist information on the town HOTTON