Castle of Deulin
Rue du Château
- MAPS: Google Maps
Built from 1758 onwards by Guillaume-Joseph de Harlez, the castle was then completed and decorated by his son Simon-Joseph de Harlez in 1770. It is shaped in a "U", with lime bricks and blue stone, slate roofs, and counts a number of outbuildings in the yard. Seigniorial chapel dedicated to Saint Remacle, decorated with baroque stucco and master altar. The Interior of the castle is richly decorated, specifically with rococo or neoclassical stucco and canvasses painted by Jean-Diedonné Deneux. To the north lies walled up garden from the 18th century replanted in French style in the beginning of the 20th century. At the back, nice viewpoint on the Ourthe and the landscape park with an important heritage of trees from the 2nd half of the 19th century, which was declared part of the exceptional Walloon heritage in 2003.
Castle of Deulin Grounds
Events with 100 to 1,000 guests: receptions, dinners, weddings, congresses, seminars, exhibitions, concerts, fashion shows, etc.
Visits for groups of 10 persons only by reservation
Guided visits €6 per person. Gardens open at the end of the visit.
Please call Mr Bernard Thibaut on +32 (0) 499 20 87 82
Location: 60 min. from Brussels and Luxembourg, 40 min. from Liège. 7km from Durbuy. GPS: Fronville château or Hotton château
Itinerary: E411 Bxl - Luxembourg, exit 18 N4, direction Marche-en-Famenne. On km 92, exit Durbuy (N929). At Noiseux, right on the Pont de Deulin, follow directions
Tourist information on the town HOTTON