Château de Gorge
7301 HORNU (BOUSSU)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Château De Gorge is the executive residence of Henri De Gorge. It is part of a wider ensemble known as Grand-Hornu.
The Grand Hornu is a site which is representative of the industrialisation of our regions in the early 19th century but, above all, it is one of the first large-scale workers' communities of that era and one of the earliest models of industrial urbanisation.
A characteristic feature of the Grand-Hornu site is its large elliptical courtyard bordered by the various work buildings. The château is situated in the extension of the small axis of the ellipsis that comes off the central archway of the machine-building workshop and ends at the manager's office.
The castle is composed of a main building with wings on either side. The wings were rebuilt respecting the original size.
the castle is not open to the public
Tourist information on the town BOUSSU
Visit our partners' webpages
- Laser Game at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- Espace Chimay - beer and cheese interpretation centre
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles