Château communal de Ham-sur-Heure
Chemin d'Oultre-Heure 20
6120 HAM-SUR-HEURE (HAM-SUR-HEURE-NALINNES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Overlooking the Eau d'Heure lakes, the Château de Ham-sur-Heure has two long wings linked by a trapezoidal entrance building.
No mention is made of a fortress prior to 1245 and there is no information on its original structure. In 1667, the château was seriously damaged. Louis XIV had ordered the destruction of the keep.
In 1689, Marshal d'Humières of France completed the destruction of the towers.
The entire château was then considerably remodelled at the beginning of the 18th century at the behest of Count Joachim-Maximilien de Mérode. During the late 18th century, Balthazar-Philippe de Mérode-Montfort undertook further renovation work.
The château currently houses local authority offices and a museum of rural life and handicrafts.
Tours every day.
INDICE PASSE-PARTOUT: 567267
- tel. : +32 (0) 71 21 36 83
- email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourist information on the town HAM-SUR-HEURE-NALINNES
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014
- The Bois du Cazier Industry Museum