CASTLE OF GRATY
Printemps musical de Silly
Place de Graty 18
7830 GRATY (SILLY)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Recorded for the first time in 1274, Graty was one of many seigniories located on Hoves land during the middle ages. This seigniory belonged to the Rianwelz family (late 13th century), then to the du Monchiel family and the de le Haye family (14th century). Graty prospered from the mid 15th century onwards from farming and cloth and linen-making cottage industries. The Louis XVI-style Château de Graty is surrounded by landscaped grounds that were last laid out in the mid 20th century. It is surrounded by gates hung on stone or brick pillars surmounted by a decorative element in the form of a vase or a pine cone.
Not accessible to the public.
- tel. : +32 (0) 68 25 05 12
- fax : +32 (0) 68 25 02 14
Tourist information on the town SILLY
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Bois du Cazier Glass Museum
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Visitors' Centre
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes