MUSEUM OF TRADITIONAL MARCHES OF THE ENTRE-SAMBRE-ET-MEUSE REGION
Rue de la Régence 6
- MAPS: Google Maps
Inaugurated in 1986, the Museum of Traditional Marches of the Entre-Sambre-et-Meuse region opened thanks to the Traditional Marches reassembling over 80 companies that represent around 8,000 marchers. Within its magnificent building, put at its disposal by the Gerpinnes town hall, the Museum displays collections of ancient and recent items related to marches. It owns a library filled with manuscripts, articles, memoirs, books, photos, films and videos. The Museum's aim is to promote the study and to spread knowledge on the history of traditional marches.
Also open all year round by appointment.
CLOSED IN JULY.
For more information or guided visits, please contact: M. Lamort J.P. + 32 (0)474 61 46 44, M. Bertulot René at +32 (0) 71 50 18 80 or the secretary of the museum at + 32 (0) 496 047 110.
Tourist information on the town GERPINNES
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- Ronquières Inclined Plane
- Le Bois du Cazier: Mining, Glass and Industry museums
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut