PARK OF THE UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE
Passage des Déportés 2
- MAPS: Google Maps
The former Benedictine Abbey at Gembloux was rebuilt in the 18th century in neo-classical sytle by the architect Dewez. Currently the University Faculty of Agricultural Science is housed here. The site consists of an arboretum of conifer and broad-leafed trees, as well as an English tree park.
Exceptionally open at weekends in conjunction with special events.
Guided tours : the Gembloux tourist office cooperates with events organised by the university agronomics faculty and arranges guided tours (by prior reservation). It also organises guided tours of the buildings of the former Benedictine abbey (rate: € 1,50 per person for groups).
Access : E411 motorway (Brussels - Namur), exit 11 Gembloux - At the "Trois Clés" hotel turn left on the N4 towards Namur, then follow the signs.
Tourist information on the town GEMBLOUX
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Maredsous Abbey and St Joseph Visitors' Centre
- Récréalle Leisure and Recreation Centre in the Belgian Ardennes
- The Trois Vallées steam railway, Mariembourg and Treignes
- Jardins d'O de Nismes, eco trip aboard an electric boat
- Han Yesteryear, Centre for Country Life and Forgotten Crafts