Rue du Village 50
5380 FRANC-WARET (FERNELMONT)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Franc-Waret Castle is typical of 18th-century aristocratic country retreats around Namur, built of brick and blue stone within a 19th-century park.
This classic square building is supported on one side by geometrical plant designs and on the other by grassy ripples dotted with rows of trees and copses.
Some trees are particularly remarkable, such as a venerable tulip tree, a large Weymouth pine and an ancient chestnut tree.
Also have a look at the three hectares of formal gardens with yew hedges, trained lime trees and a listed French garden.
Not forgetting the rose garden with old varieties of rose.
Tourist information on the town FERNELMONT
Visit our partners' webpages
- Yellow Libert Kayaks - Kayak Down the River Lesse
- Freÿr sur Meuse Castle and its Gardens
- The Domaine of the Caves of Han - Wildlife Reserve
- Dinant Evasion: Kayaking Down the River Lesse
- Han Yesteryear, Centre for Country Life and Forgotten Crafts