MINING AND NAIL MAKING MUSEUM - GASHOLDER
- MAPS: Google Maps
Nail Making Museum - 170 years ago, Fontaine-l'Evêque was a blazing centre of nail making, renowned all over the world for its nail manufacturing, both for its quality and diversity.
Mining Museum - Professors, engineers and miners accomplished the reconstruction of the mine in a subterranean gallery of the seigniorial Castle.
The Gasholder - Thanks to Pierre-Camille Montigny, Fontaine l'Evêque was one of the first Belgian cities to have coal-gas lighting.
Open all year upon appointment. Information : Service Tourisme tel.: +32 (0)71/54 81 58.
Tourist information on the town FONTAINE-L'EVEQUE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Plugstreet 14-18 Experience First World War Interpretation Centre
- B.P.S. 22 SPACE FOR CONTEMPORARY CREATION
- Archeosite® and Museum in Aubechies
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - The Red Crocodile Amphibious Bus
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium