MINING AND NAIL MAKING MUSEUM - GASHOLDER
- MAPS: Google Maps
Nail Making Museum - 170 years ago, Fontaine-l'Evêque was a blazing centre of nail making, renowned all over the world for its nail manufacturing, both for its quality and diversity.
Mining Museum - Professors, engineers and miners accomplished the reconstruction of the mine in a subterranean gallery of the seigniorial Castle.
The Gasholder - Thanks to Pierre-Camille Montigny, Fontaine l'Evêque was one of the first Belgian cities to have coal-gas lighting.
Open all year upon appointment. Information : Service Tourisme tel.: +32 (0)71/54 81 58.
Tourist information on the town FONTAINE-L'EVEQUE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Château de Louvignies - Louvignies Castle
- Claire-Fontaine Leisure Centre
- Laser Game at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- International Carnival and Mask Museum, Binche
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure