CASTLE DE LA PAIX (CASTLE OF PEACE)
Chemin de Mons 61
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Château de la Paix, in Fleurus, is famous for housing Napoleon on the night of the battle of Ligny on 17 June 1815, the night before Waterloo...
Today, it is home to certain local authority departments. This elegant Neoclassical building dates from the end of the 18th century.
The castle looks out on a small park and is built from limestone and brick. The front of the building is cemented and all other sides are painted in pink.
Only the park is open to visitors.
- tel. : +32 (0) 71 82 02 11
Tourist information on the town FLEURUS
Visit our partners' webpages
- Archeosite® and Museum in Aubechies
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- Royal Museum of Mariemont
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes