Rue du Château 2
4260 FALLAIS (BRAIVES) (BRAIVES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Imposing lowland fortress built by the Beauforts in the 13th century with a long history of owners.
The estate then belonged to the Wesemaels, the Borseles, the Polheims, Maximilian of Austria, the illegitimate Baldwin of Burgundy and his descendants, and so on.
In 1468, the last meeting between the prince-bishop of Liège, Louis of Bourbon, Charles The Bold and King Louis XI took place in Fallais before the sacking of Liège.
In 1678, Louis XIV bombarded the northern and eastern wings.
Restoration work was carried out in 1882 by the architect Van Asche.
Tour of the castle exterior by appointment.
- tel. : +32 (0) 19 69 81 89
- website : http://www.tourismebm.be
Tourist information on the town BRAIVES
Visit our partners' webpages
- Natural Centre of Botrange
- The Liege Print and Drawings Museum
- Domaine de Palogne - Kayak, Nature and History
- Baugnez 44 Historical Center - Battle of the Bulge Museum
- Ansembourg Museum (Museum of Archaeology and the Decorative Arts)