Rue Couture 144
6536 DONSTIENNES (THUIN)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Perfectly restored mill, housing an interesting museum. In 866, it was already listed amongst the mills of the Abbey of Lobbes and in 1850 it was fitted with cast-iron gears and iron shafts. Over the last years, the owner, Albert Declercq, and the miller, Emile Paquet, have renovated the inside mechanism of the mill and the spillway of the headrace to keep this witness of the past alive. It is a mill with a paddle wheel, with superior supply (rare in the region). It presents a beautiful neoclassic architectural whole with regular spans.
Guided visits for groups (min. 10 pers.) all year round, upon appointment.
Open on Heritage Days from 10 am until 6 pm.
Languages: FR, NL, EN.
Duration of the visit : 1h30.
Active visit "Du Grain à la Farine", reservation in writing: € 2,00/pers.
Snacks upon reservation and possibility to have an indoor or outdoor picnic (to be agreed upon).
Tourist information on the town THUIN
Visit our partners' webpages
- Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Archive Centre
- Museum of Country Life in Huissignies
- Plugstreet 14-18 Experience First World War Interpretation Centre
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure