Couques Jacobs - biscuits
Rue Grande 147
- MAPS: Google Maps
Step into the Jacobs patisserie in Dinant and discover the traditional Dinant couque, still made in the family-run bakery.
- The Dinant couque and Rins couque
- A family tradition since 1860
- Visit the factory
The Dinant Couque is made of a suttle mix of wheat flour, pure honey and sugar. They are baked at a very high temperature so that the honey caramelises quickly. Once it has cooled down, the couque turns hard, just like caramel.
The Rins couque is a soft version (with added sugar) of the Dinant couque.
The Jacobs family have perpetrated this tradition from father to son since 1860, making them amongst the oldest producers of couques.
Visit the factory of couques with an explanatory video. Groups are also welcome by reservation (min. 8 persons)
Entry fee €2.5 to be deducted from the purchase of couques (during the visit) of a minimum of €5.
A particularly remarkable tasting room that can hold up to 60 people is also available.
Patisserie Jacobs, come and taste tradition without breaking your teeth!
- tel. : +32 (0) 82 22 21 39
- fax : +32 (0) 82 22 86 30
- email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourist information on the town DINANT
Visit our partners' webpages
- Lorette Cave in Rochefort
- Han Yesteryear, Centre for Country Life and Forgotten Crafts
- Domain of the Caves of Han - PrehistoHan
- Dinant Evasion: Kayaking Down the River Lesse
- The Trois Vallées steam railway, Mariembourg and Treignes