Visit : Museum/Discover, Monument
Van Gogh's House, the Maison du Marais in Cuesmes
© OT Mons / Quentin Dardenne
Rue du Pavillon 3
7033 CUESMES (MONS)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Situated near to Mons, the Maison du Marais is dedicated to Vincent Van Gogh, one of the greatest painters from the 19th century.
In the house where Van Gogh lived between August 1879 and October 1880, invites visitors to discover a scenographic journey recounting the life of this exceptional artist. This modest house in Cuesmes was also a privileged witness to the birth of the painter.
- Replica works, period documents and facsimiles of the artist's letters,
- The film (in FR, NL, EN and DE) narrating the life of Van Gogh and his move to Borinage
- The multilingual, interactive screen in 8 different languages, including Japanese
- The room with period furniture
- and especially the original painting "Les Bêcheurs" (1880, according to Millet), created in Cuesmes and acquired by the City of Mons in 1979 from Christie's.
Practical information when preparing your visit
Closed Monday during Christmas and New Year.
Duration of visit: around 2 hours.
- Adults €2.50/pp
- 12-17 year olds €1.50/pp
- Groups minimum of 10 people €1.50/pp
Free for children under 12 and on every first Sunday of the month.
Guided group visits
Available all year round by reservation only. For enquires +32 (0)65 35 34 88 or email
Tourist information on the town MONS
Visit our partners' webpages
- Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Archive Centre
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region
- The Bois du Cazier Industry Museum
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles