Visit : Museum/Discover, Monument
Van Gogh's House, the Maison du Marais in Cuesmes
© OT Mons / Quentin Dardenne
Rue du Pavillon 3
7033 CUESMES (MONS)
- MAPS: Google Maps
- Opening Dates
- All year round
- Tuesday-Sunday : 12:00-18:00
- All year round
Situated near to Mons, the Maison du Marais is dedicated to Vincent Van Gogh, one of the greatest painters from the 19th century.
In the house where Van Gogh lived between August 1879 and October 1880, invites visitors to discover a scenographic journey recounting the life of this exceptional artist. This modest house in Cuesmes was also a privileged witness to the birth of the painter.
- Replica works, period documents and facsimiles of the artist's letters,
- The film (in FR, NL, EN and DE) narrating the life of Van Gogh and his move to Borinage
- The multilingual, interactive screen in 8 different languages, including Japanese
- The room with period furniture
- and especially the original painting "Les Bêcheurs" (1880, according to Millet), created in Cuesmes and acquired by the City of Mons in 1979 from Christie's.
Practical information when preparing your visit
Closed Monday during Christmas and New Year.
Duration of visit: around 2 hours.
- Adults €2.50/pp
- 12-17 year olds €1.50/pp
- Groups minimum of 10 people €1.50/pp
Free for children under 12 and on every first Sunday of the month.
Guided group visits
Available all year round by reservation only. For enquires +32 (0)65 35 34 88 or email
Tourist information on the town MONS
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- The Bois du Cazier Glass Museum
- Strepy-Thieu boat lift
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- Museum of Country Life in Huissignies