CASTLE OF BOIS-LE-COMPTE
7133 BUVRINNES (BINCHE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Bois-le-Comte Castle in Buvrinnes stands in the middle of 30 hectares of landscaped grounds. This building, of eclectic style, was erected in two stages, one at the end of the 19th century, and the other at the start of the 20th century, by two different architects. The Buvrinnes estate belonged to the Earls of Hainault until the end of the Ancien Régime. The land upon which Bois-le-Comte Castle is built remained free from construction until Countess Hippolyte de Looz-Corswaren inherited it from her father Henri Ansiau. Since then, the estate has been occupied by the same family. The current castle was built in 1883. The plans were drawn up by architect Emile Mahieu. A wing was added in 1910. This was the work of Pierre Langueroc, the architect who designed the Binche railway station.
Castle cannot be visited.
For more information click HERE - © All rights reserved HCD asbl - DIN Consult sprl - 2003
Tourist information on the town BINCHE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Archeosite® and Museum in Aubechies
- The Historic Canal du Centre and its Hydraulic Lifts
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- The Eau d'Heures Lakes, the Largest Lakes in Belgium
- "Le Crocodile Rouge" - The Red Crocodile Amphibious Bus