CASTLE OF BURG-REULAND
Rue du Château 25
- MAPS: Google Maps
The earldom that later became the Duchy of Luxembourg reached its peak during the 13th and 14th centuries, when its rulers also acceded to the title of Emperor of the Germanic Saint Empire. At this point in history, the Duchy of Luxembourg included the medieval seigniors of Burg-Reuland. The castle's origins can be traced to the 9th and 10th centuries, but the entire complex has been modified significantly since then, most importantly to adapt its defences to artillery attacks in the 15th century. Although it was destroyed by French revolutionary troops at the end of the 18th century, it has recently been restored to its former medieval glory.
Also accessible from 11 am to 5 pm on extended weekends.
Guided tours by appointment - languages: FR, DE.
Phone in the season : +32 (0)80/42 00 46.
Free of charge.
Tourist information on the town BURG-REULAND
Visit our partners' webpages
- New in Liège: Opening of La Boverie on 5 May 2016
- Spa-Francorchamps Racetrack Museum
- LA PARADA "EDUCATIONAL HORSE FARM"
- Ansembourg Museum (Museum of Archaeology and the Decorative Arts)
- Stavelot Abbey, tourism & culture space, non-profit organisation