The Mont des Arts
Jardin du Mont des Arts
- MAPS: Google Maps
The garden of the Mont-des-Arts, a visual springboard designed by René Pechère, is layed out on a slab, covering a car park.
In front of the Convention Centre, a nine-jet fountain is the focal point of the garden. The flights of stairs that take you to the garden are adorned with reliefs by Oscar Jespers, Charles Leplae and Rik Poot.
The rows of trees seem to converge towards the equestrian statue of Albert I below. On the right, fountains and a small games area for children.
The garden links many places: all around it we can find the Royal Library of Belgium, the Royal Museums of Fine Arts of Belgium, the Magritte Museum, the Royal Film Archive and the Cinematek, the Square - Brussels Meeting Centre, the BELvue museum, the MIM, Musical Instruments Museum, the Bozar Museum...
Visit our partners' webpages
- Antoine Wierz Museum - Royal Museums for Fine Arts
- CitySightseeing Brussels by Open Tours - the Official Brussels Tour Bus
- Zaabär, the chocolate factory at the heart of Brussels
- Zaabär Chocolates & Spices
- La Fonderie - Brussels Museum of Industry and Labour