The Grand-Place in Brussels
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Grand Place, listed under the UNESCO world heritage, is considered one of the most beautiful squares on earth.
Admire the eclectic mix of architectural styles that was typical of the culture and society of a northern European city at a time of great prosperity. Writers such as Baudelaire, Victor Hugo and even Karl Marx have fallen under its spell.
The Grand Place is outlined by magnificent guild houses most of them dating back to the end of the 17th century. The Brussels City Hall, built at the beginning of the 14th century, dominates this beautiful architectural ensemble.
The major events
The Grand Place hosts events such as the Ommegang, a grand historical re-enactment commemorating Holy Roman Emperor Charles V's visit to Brussels in 1549.
It also hosts the famous Winter Wonders Christmas market.
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 279 43 65
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Atomium - Monument and Symbol Built for Expo 58
- Aqualibi Waterpark, just a stone's throw away from Brussels
- La Fonderie - Brussels Museum of Industry and Labour
- Galler Chocolates Grand-Place
- The Wellington Museum in Waterloo