SQUARES MARIE-LOUISE - AMBIORIX - MARGUERITTE OR THE GARDENS OF THE MAELBEEK
1040 Brussels (BRUXELLES)
- MAPS: Google Maps
Midway between the Chaussée de Louvain and the Rond-Point Schuman, these three squares form a series of steps following what was once the course of the Maelbeek stream. The Square Marie-Louise lake is one of the last six remaining ponds of the 48 that once cut across the city (the other five are in Leopold Park, at the la Cambre Abbey, in the Josaphat Park and the two Etangs d'Ixelles.). Following the planned expansion of the Brussels suburbs at the end of the 19th century, the architect Gédéon Bordiau rearranged the site into a series of squares, a cascade of gardens enlivened by water features and punctuated with sculptures by famous artists such as Jef Lambeaux, Constantin Meunier and Victor Rousseau.
Access: Bus: 29, 54, 59, 63 / Subway: Schuman, Maelbeek.
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 513 89 40
- website : http://www.brussels-gardens.be
Visit our partners' webpages
- Musée Meunier Museum, Royal Museums of Fine Arts
- Panorama at the Battle of Waterloo battlefield
- Musée Oldmasters Museum, Royal Museums of Fine Arts
- Tour & Taxis
- Zaabär Chocolates & Spices