PETIT SABLON SQUARE
Rue de la Régence
- MAPS: Google Maps
This park begins at the Gothic columns at the enclosure of the square, joined by a superb wrought iron gate. Each column is topped by a bronze statuette representing an old profession. 48 crafts and trades from yesteryear are illustrated. The "four crowned" : builders, stone-cutters, sculptors and slate-quarry workers, are represented by a craftsman, with the features of the architect Henri Beyaert. At the far end of the garden, on a small height, a monument and ten big statues are gathered. The monument, in a Flemish neorenaissance style, made by Fraikin in 1864, depicts the Counts of Egmont and Hornes, executed on the scaffold on 5 June 1568, because they stood up too much to the Spanish tyranny.
Access: Metro: Parc, Porte de Namur / Tram: 92, 93, 94 / Bus: 20, 34, 95, 96.
Very nice town houses around the Square,
Museum of Ancient Art and
Museum of Modern Art,
Church of Notre-Dame du Sablon and the Antique Market on the
Square of the Grand Sablon,
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 513 89 40
Visit our partners' webpages
- Panorama at the Battle of Waterloo battlefield
- Aventure Parc Wavre - the tree-top park a stone's throw from Brussels
- Halle Gate - Royal Museums of Art and History in Brussels
- Museum of Letters and Manuscripts in Brussels
- Walibi Theme Park...With friends or family, let's all go to Walibi!