Rue Defacqz 14
- MAPS: Google Maps
This superb house was built at the request of Léon Wielemans, the owner of the Wielemans-Ceuppens brewery, for his wife. The plans were drawn up by Adrien Blomme.
Mrs Wielemans was an admirer of Spain: she therefore asked the architect to reproduce the Alhambra style of Grenada, the city where she spent her holidays.
No less than 4,803 tiles: azulejos, guardillas, etc. were brought from Andalusia.
This building cannot be visited.
Visit our partners' webpages
- Laurent Gerbaud Chocolates
- Musée Oldmasters Museum, Royal Museums of Fine Arts
- Cistercian Abbey in Villers-la-Ville
- Antoine Wierz Museum - Royal Museums for Fine Arts
- Lion's Mound, Waterloo Battlefield