Church of Notre-Dame de la Chapelle in Brussels
Place de la Chapelle
- MAPS: Google Maps
Remarkable by its Romanesque and Romanesque-Gothic architecture, it is accordingly one of the most interesting churches in Belgium. One of its chapels is devoted to the memory of Pieter Breughel the Elder and his wife, Marie Coucke. In the Chapel of the Holy Sacrament, a commemorative plaque serves as a reminder that François Anneessens, the leader of the guilds who was executed for having defended our communal liberties, is buried there.
Guided visits on request: ACT (French, German and Russian), tel.: +32 (0)2/219 75 30 - CDTB (Dutch, German and English), tel.: +32 (0)2/219 68 34 - Rue du Bois Sauvage 13, 1000 Brussels - open from 9am to 5pm.
Visit our partners' webpages
- Musée Oldmasters Museum, Ancient Art, Fine Arts Museum of Belgium
- Aventure Parc Wavre - the tree-top park a stone's throw from Brussels
- Culturespaces - The Lion Hamlet - Visitor Centre
- Walibi Theme Park...With friends or family, let's all go to Walibi!
- Comic Strip Village in Brussels