Visit : Monument, Religious Heritage
Church of Notre-Dame de la Chapelle in Brussels
© WBT - Alex Kouprianoff
Place de la Chapelle
- MAPS: Google Maps
Remarkable by its Romanesque and Romanesque-Gothic architecture, the Church of Notre-Dame de la Chapelle is accordingly one of the most interesting churches in Belgium.
One of its chapels is devoted to the memory of Pieter Breughel the Elder and his wife, Marie Coucke. In the Chapel of the Holy Sacrament, a commemorative plaque serves as a reminder that François Anneessens, the leader of the guilds who was executed for having defended our communal liberties, is buried there.
Guided tours on request
ACT, Animation Chrétienne et Tourisme (Brussels Christian Tourism Action)
Visit our partners' webpages
- Lion's Mound, Waterloo Battlefield
- Panorama at the Battle of Waterloo battlefield
- Traditional Belgian Chocolatiers - Planète Chocolat
- Aqualibi Waterpark, just a stone's throw away from Brussels
- Museums of the Far East - Royal Museums for Art and History, Brussels