- MAPS: Google Maps
Historical monument since 1936, this is one of the few pillories to have preserved its lantern. It was erected in 1521 by "Maximilian de Hornes de Gasbeck", chamberlain of Emperor Charles V. Of all the remains of the past at Braine-le-Château, the pillory is undoubtedly the most famous and most well-known monument.
Guided visits of the main monuments are organized on prior request (15 days in advance) at the Royal Syndicat d'Initiative.
Tourist information on the town BRAINE-LE-CHATEAU
Visit our partners' webpages
- Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences in Brussels
- Laurent Gerbaud Chocolates
- La Fonderie - Brussels Museum of Industry and Labour
- Galler Chocolates Grand-Place
- Zaabär, the chocolate factory at the heart of Brussels