- MAPS: Google Maps
Historical monument since 1936, this is one of the few pillories to have preserved its lantern. It was erected in 1521 by "Maximilian de Hornes de Gasbeck", chamberlain of Emperor Charles V. Of all the remains of the past at Braine-le-Château, the pillory is undoubtedly the most famous and most well-known monument.
Guided visits of the main monuments are organized on prior request (15 days in advance) at the Royal Syndicat d'Initiative.
Tourist information on the town BRAINE-LE-CHATEAU
Visit our partners' webpages
- Moof, Museum Of Original Figurines & 3D Comics in Brussels
- Traditional Belgian Chocolatiers - Planète Chocolat
- Zaabär Chocolates & Spices
- Lion's Hamlet & Visitors' Centre and Waterloo battlefield
- Halle Gate - Royal Museums of Art and History in Brussels