HOUSE OF THE BAILIFF
Grand Place 20
- MAPS: Google Maps
Nice house dating from the first half of the 16th century. According to tradition it is the ancient residence of the bailiffs of Braine. The bailiff was, during the ancien régime, entrusted with the investigation of criminal affairs. He allegedly lived there until the 18th century. This house is characterised by a remarkable Renaissance gable, decorated with three blind cow eyes and animated by five salient cordons. Headquarters of the "Royal Syndicat d'Initiative" since September 2000.
Tourist information on the town BRAINE-LE-CHATEAU
Visit our partners' webpages
- Royal Museum of the Armed forces and Military History, Brussels
- Royal Museums of Fine Arts - Musée Fin-de-Siècle Museum
- Antoine Wierz Museum - Royal Museums for Fine Arts
- Walibi Theme Park...With friends or family, let's all go to Walibi!
- Galler Chocolates Grand-Place