CASTLE OF BRAINE-LE-CHÂTEAU
Place des Martyrs
- MAPS: Google Maps
The castle in its green setting, with its "large and stern" towers, its ponds and its 6 ha park is considered by many as "the most beautiful ornament of the valley of the Hain". As there are no documents left, the origin of the castle remains unknown, but since there was an ordinary mill in 1226, there is no doubt about that the castle already existed in those days. It was built by the powerful Lords of Trazegnies. The monument is listed since 17 March 1949 and its park since 4 December 1989.
Guided visits to the park organised by the Royal Syndicat d'Initiative (tourist service) on prior request (15 days in advance).
Tourist information on the town BRAINE-LE-CHATEAU
Visit our partners' webpages
- Musée Oldmasters Museum, Royal Museums of Fine Arts
- Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences in Brussels
- Folon Foundation
- CitySightseeing Brussels by Open Tours - the Official Brussels Tour Bus
- Galler Chocolates Grand-Place