Rue de la Maladrerie 17
6200 BOUFFIOULX (CHATELET)
- MAPS: Google Maps
For centuries, the region of Châtelet has been well-known for its ceramics. The Châtelet stoneware was indeed selling all over the world. Since the 17th century, the great noble families had been ordering their crested kitchenware from this region. Shortly before the First World War, the tradition was resumed by a few researchers/ceramists who felt a passion for stoneware art.
Joseph Biron was one of those. He initiated himself to the lathe in his early childhood and built his own workshop in 1935. His son Willy took over from him and his daughter initiated herself to decoration at the Fine Arts Academy in Charleroi. Since Monsieur Willy Biron's death, Monsieur and Madame Clovis Lambert-Biron have succeeded.
Opening hours: Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 6 pm. Saturday from 10 am to 3 pm.
Visit by appointment.
Tourist information on the town CHATELET
Visit our partners' webpages
- Vicinal Historic Tramway Discovery Centre in Lobbes-Thuin
- Museum of Country Life in Huissignies
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- The Bois du Cazier Glass Museum