THE CHURCH OF SAINT-AYBERT
Rue Wibault Bouchart
7620 BLEHARIES (BRUNEHAUT)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The church from 1926 that was the work of Henry Lacoste (art déco) strikes by its beautiful luminosity, its church windows, its patinated bronze, its large arches in reinforced concrete (the priest in those days did not want any pillars so the farmers could not hide behind to talk about pigeons, sheep and cows).
A beautiful square book with triangular flaps (to respect the importance of geometric forms in architecture) entitled "Sur la terre comme au ciel" (On earth like in heaven) was made in 2005 by Nicolas Verplancken and Jean-Luc Dubart. They made photographs of all church windows - even those at 17 metres high - thanks to a digital device that was put on a balloon filled with helium, that could be remote controlled and that was connected to a television the whole time. A remarkable book and an original experience.
The book is sold on the spot.
For more info you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org - + 32 (0)69 34 58 82.
- tel. : +32 (0) 69 34 46 13
Tourist information on the town BRUNEHAUT
Visit our partners' webpages
- Espace Chimay - beer and cheese interpretation centre
- Plugstreet 14-18 Experience First World War Interpretation Centre
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Welcome Centre
- Le Bois du Cazier: Mining, Glass and Industry museums
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014