4651 BATTICE (HERVE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The fort is one of the 4 Liège forts built before the Second World War.
The fort is located in the Herve region of Belgium, just outside Liège and around 15km from the German border.
The fort was built in 1934. In May 1940, it withstood a 12 day siege by German forces. You can still witness the extend of the damage in the small museum.
A guided tour of the fort lets you discover, 35 metres underground, a dynamic demonstration of a tower with two 75mm cannons, frescos in the underground barrack buildings as well as pillboxes for 60 mm cannons and fully restored machine guns.
Visit the fort
Guided tours are organised on the last Saturday of the month, from the end of March to the end of November. Visits for groups by appointment.
Adults - €5
Children - €3
Groups of minimum 12 people: Adults - €5 and children - €3
Groups of less than 12 people - €60 per group.
- tel. : +32 (0) 87 44 65 08
Tourist information on the town HERVE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Crystal Discovery at the Val Saint Lambert Castle
- The Mystery Discoveries of Comblain
- The Grand Curtius - The Ardent City's Museum
- Baugnez 44 Historical Center - Battle of the Bulge Museum
- Liège Archeoforum - Remnants & Archeological Museum