Bois de la Paix (Wood of Peace)
Bois de la Paix
6600 BASTOGNE (BIZORY)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The 4,000 trees making up this wood were planted for the 50th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge.
They were dedicated to the American veterans who fought in the Ardennes, Belgian combatants and all the civilians and military who died in the winter of 1944-45.
Every veteran who returned to Bastogne in 1994 chose a tree, which will always bear his name. The Wood of Peace is laid out to recreate the UNICEF emblem: a mother and child, symbol of human tenderness.
This design is only visible from the air. The trees on the site are mostly service trees, birches, beech trees and oaks.
Open all year round.
Access : by road : via E411, E25 and the N4, Bastogne exit, then towards Mardasson, and Bizory - TEC: bus to Bastogne (Bizory is 4 km distant).
Guided tours : explanatory signs on the site.
Tourist information on the town BASTOGNE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Durbuy Labyrinth - Aliens in summer 2014
- Bouillon Castle and its Birds of Prey Show
- Bastogne War Museum, Second World War Memorial Centre
- Durbuy Adventure - Kayaking on the River Ourthe
- Houtopia - Recreational Centre Promoting Children's Rights in Houffalize