JEAN MASSART EXPERIMENTAL GARDEN OF THE ULB
Chaussée de Wavre 1850
1160 Brussels (AUDERGHEM)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Experimental Jean Massart garden is mainly composed of rich thematic collections of classified plants, which are shown in a didactic way. One can admire a garden of medicinal plants, an evolutionary garden (with more than 600 species of flowering plants), a garden of cultivated plants, an arboretum (exotic essences of which a big part conifers), an orchard, a nature reserve in a humid zone. It also houses two ecoclimatic resorts and two laboratories of the Plant Biology Department of the Université Libre de Bruxelles. This place offers the visitor a setting with a well-kept landscaped laying-out, where many observations and discoveries take place.
Closed on public holidays, weekends, 2/11, 20/11 and 2/1.
Guided tours from May to October on Thursdays and every 2nd Saturday of the month (2.30 p.m.) + by appointment for groups.
8 themed visits spread out over 8 Sundays and 8 Thursdays.
Subway: Hermann-Debroux / Bus: 34, 41, 42, 72, 95, 96
Visit our partners' webpages
- Traditional Belgian Chocolatiers - Planète Chocolat
- Museums of the Far East - Royal Museums for Art and History, Brussels
- Panoramic view of the Battle of Waterloo battlefield
- Aventure Parc Wavre - the tree-top park a stone's throw from Brussels
- Museum of Letters and Manuscripts in Brussels