Visit : Castle, Architectural Heritage
Castle of Attre
© OPT - JP Remy
Avenue du Château 8
7941 ATTRE (BRUGELETTE)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The remarkable, historic Château d'Attre is one of the most authentic of 18th century Belgium.
Its landscaped grounds with their artificial rock, and its drawing rooms with the original wallpaper all appear unscathed by the passing of time.
The Louis XV style château comprises a main body flanked by two relatively short wings set at right angles to it. The two floors were built from local sandstone, limestone and brick coated with finishing plaster. The homogeneity and brightness of the rooms are characteristic of this château which dates from the latter half of the 18th century and whose décor, furnishings and art collections are original.
Behind the château are grounds stretching over 17 hectares.
Useful informationOpening times
April, May, June, September and October: Sundays from 2pm to 5pm.
July and August: Saturday and Sunday: from 1pm to 5pm.
Also open on public holidays from 1 April to 31 October.
Last tour of the castle takes place at 5pm.
Minimum 20 people: daily from 1 April to 31 October by booking.
All visits to the castle are accompanied by a guide
Languages: French, Dutch and English
Duration: 1 hour.
- tel. : +32 (0) 68 45 44 60
- fax : +32 (0) 68 45 44 60
- email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourist information on the town BRUGELETTE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Royal Museum of Mariemont
- The Historic Canal du Centre and its Hydraulic Lifts
- The Beloeil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles
- The Mahymobiles Automobile Museum in Leuze-en-Hainaut
- Le Bois du Cazier: Mining, Glass and Industry museums