MUSEUM OF HISTORY AND FOLKLORE
Rue de Bouchain 16
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Museum for History and Folklore is located in a mansion which dates from the end of the 18th century. You can admire its collections, presented in various sections:
- Prehistory section.
- Medieval section: sculptures, paintings, embroidery, plate.
- Renaissance Section: furniture and printing equipment.
- French furniture equipment: 17th and 18th century.
- Town planning section: scale models and development of the town from the 12th tot 17th century.
- Folklore section: professions and popular traditions in the region. The Ducasse of Ath.
Library accessible on request.
Guided tours on request. Duration: 2h.
Open the year round, on request.
Possibility to combine with the brand new audiovisual show of the Tour Burbant or other sites in Ath.
Tourist information on the town ATH
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Our Lady with the Rose Hospital in Lessines
- The Bois du Cazier Glass Museum
- Pairi Daiza - the best zoo in Belgium 2014
- Mundaneum - The Wallonia-Brussels Federation Archive Centre
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes