Abbaye de Clairefontaine
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Clairefontaine estate is a remarkable Cistercian site, 4km from Arlon and a stone's throw from the border with Luxembourg.
The estate is currently owned by the not-for-profit Association des Oeuvres paroissiales du Doyenné d'Arlon.
As well as the ruins of the former abbey, you can also admire a 19th-century chapel built by the Jesuits to house a statue from Notre-Dame de Clairefontaine, and in the crypt, Countess Ermesinde's gravestone.
You can have a drink from the "sacred" Saint-Bernard spring. And "le Bardenbourg" in its magnificent green setting has recently been renovated and can be used as a location for meetings and parties.
Free unguided visits: 8am to 8pm.
Guided tours on request.
Tourist information on the town ARLON
Visit our partners' webpages
- Bastogne War Museum, Second World War Memorial Centre
- Forest Fun Park Chlorophylle
- The Game Park of La Roche-en-Ardennes
- Feudal Castle of La Roche-en-Ardenne
- Bouillon Fortress, its exhibition and its Birds of Prey Show