CHATEAU OF THE PRINCES OF DE LIGNE - CHATEAU OF ANTOING
Place Bara 18
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Chateau of Antoing, dating from the 12th century, was the stronghold of the mighty family Melun and passed on to the de Ligne family, the actual owners, without ever being the object of a financial transaction. These days, one can still see a big part of the ramparts of the 12th century and the bastion built in the 15th century. The famous architect Viollet-le-Duc transformed the chateau into a wonderful neogothic residence.
Visits of the park and a part of the tower (the castle itself is inaccessible):
Every Sunday and public holiday from mid May to end September.
For individuals: guided visits only to the castle park at 3 pm and 4 pm.
For groups: every Thursday afternoon during the same period and by reservation.
INDICE PASSE-PARTOUT: 005253
Tourist information on the town ANTOING
Visit our partners' webpages
- Natura Parc - Accrobranche park in Belgium at the Lacs de l'Eau d'Heure
- Guided Tours of the Tourist Office of the Charleroi Region
- The Spin Cablepark: Waterskiing at the Eau d'Heure Lakes
- The Bois du Cazier Industry Museum
- The Eau d'heure lakes - La Plate Taille Visitors' Centre