Luizenmolen windmill in Neerpede
Rue des Papillons Vlindersstraat 192
1070 Brussels (ANDERLECHT)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The current Luizenmolen wooden windmill, inaugurated in 1999, is an identical replica of its predecessor which was transferred to Anderlecht in 1864.
Before the replica, the mill was still present in the memories of many inhabitants of Anderlecht aas it had been painted and drawn by many artists. The reconstruction revived this memory and it is now the only working windmill in the Brussels region.
The Luizenmolen is a local tourist attraction in the green area of Anderlecht and is a must-see on a walk across the Pajottenland. It is also an educational centre for schools.
Since 1999, an annual popular and folkloric festival has been organised there in June.
The Luizenmolen has been classed as a listed monument since 8 February 2007 and is the property of the association "asbl Luizenmolen-Andelecht vzw".
For more information, please write to our head office:
Rue du Sillon 21-B1 -1070 Brussels (Dutch: Voorstraat 21/1).
Groups: minimum 10 people.
Schools: minimum 20 pupils.
Individuals: possibility of visiting the mill on the second and fourth Sunday of the month, from 2 pm to 5 pm.
Children under 12: free of charge.
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 520 43 59
- email : email@example.com
Visit our partners' webpages
- Aqualibi Waterpark, just a stone's throw away from Brussels
- Aventure Parc Wavre - the tree-top park a stone's throw from Brussels
- Mini-Europe, the EU's most beautiful monuments in Brussels
- Château de La Hulpe on the Solvay estate
- Halle Gate - Royal Museums of Art and History in Brussels