QUARRY OF AMPSIN
Rue de Bende
4540 AMPSIN (AMAY)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The quarry of Ampsin-Amay, spreading on 30 ha, is listed as a State-owned Nature Reserve since December 2008. It presents undeniable interests and ecological potentials.
Within the framework of a tourist enhancement of the old quarry, you'll be able to walk along a geological path marked with 13 educational panels on fauna, flora, rocks and local history. The quarry disposes of a walk (freely accessible) where the industrial past (lime kilns) mixes with nature. There is also an itinerary that is only accessible with an approved nature guide.
Tourist information on the town AMAY
Visit our partners' webpages
- Liège Aquarium and Museum
- Natural Centre of Botrange
- The Grand Curtius - The Ardent City's Museum
- Ansembourg Museum (Museum of Archaeology and the Decorative Arts)
- Plopsa Coo theme park - fun and leisure for the whole family