Château de Waroux
Rue de Waroux 301
4432 ALLEUR (ANS)
- MAPS: Google Maps
The Château de Waroux, owned by the commune of Ans, is recognisable from afar due to its elegant, slender spire.
The castle is at the gates of the Hesbaye region and is at the region's highest point (182m). It appears to have been built around 1300, at the time of the conflict with the Awans.
At first glance, the castle has an austere, even warlike appearance. The exterior walls, made of sandstone and flint, are tall and hostile, pierced only by a few arrow slits, which reveal the fortress's feudal origins.
This monument from the past must now be a building for the present. It has been listed as a site of exceptional heritage of Wallonia and is now offered to the public, notably through large exhibitions organised there. This allows the public to come into contact with artistic excellence.
During periods without exhibitions, the castle can be visited by groups. Booking is essential. Please call +32 (0)4 247 72 73.
- tel. : +32 (0) 4 247 72 73
- website : http://www.expo-waroux.be
Tourist information on the town ANS
Visit our partners' webpages
- Plopsa Coo theme park - fun and leisure for the whole family
- The Grand Curtius - The Ardent City's Museum
- Ansembourg Museum (Museum of Archaeology and the Decorative Arts)
- Reinhardstein Château in Metternich
- LA PARADA "EDUCATIONAL HORSE FARM"